Real estate course online vs. classroom: Which is best?
So, you’ve decided that a career in real estate is right for you. It gives you the freedom, potential for growth, financial reward, and lifestyle you crave. The next step on your journey is becoming qualified.
Although study requirements vary from state to state, you can earn your real estate qualifications in one of three ways – wherever you live. The first option is an online, self-paced course, which offers unmatched flexibility. The second is an intensive workshop, either virtual or in person. And finally, you can attend a traditional classroom course.
In this article, we’ll explore the real estate course online vs. classroom dilemma in more detail. We’ll answer the question, ‘Are online classes better than on-campus?’ and reveal the best online real estate course in Australia. Let’s get started.
Real estate course online vs. classroom: The pros and cons
Like any big decision in life, it’s worth weighing the pros and cons when deciding if online classes are better than on-campus classes. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, and which best meets your needs will depend on your current commitments and values. So, let’s unpack the advantages and drawbacks of online classes, intensive workshops, and classroom courses.
The pros and cons of real estate courses online
Online study has become increasingly popular, and when you read through the benefits, you’ll see why.
The pros of online real estate courses:
- A self-paced online real estate course allows you to earn your real estate qualification on your terms. Study when you want, where you want, and as much as you want. This level of flexibility ensures you can keep up with your existing commitments – whether that’s work or family responsibilities – without compromising your career aspirations.
- The price is another huge drawcard of online real estate courses. Although they deliver a whole heap of benefits, online courses are the cheapest option for those looking to become qualified agents or mortgage brokers.
- Less pressure. Self-paced study isn’t just convenient. It’s also a whole lot less stressful. There are no strict deadlines, so you can proceed with total peace of mind.
- Immediate start. Workshops and classroom courses have start dates. Self-paced online courses don’t, meaning you can get stuck into your study right away.
The cons of real estate courses online:
- Self-motivation is required. If you’re not the kind of person who can push yourself to complete tasks without external influence, you may feel more comfortable with a workshop or classroom course.
- Potentially limited access to tutors and industry professionals. Some self-paced online real estate courses fail to give students access to tutors and support staff, which can be frustrating. At Entry Education, our courses come with after-hours online support from experienced tutors who can answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you achieve your goals.
The pros and cons of workshops
Workshops in real estate are another option and generally take place over two or three days. For some, becoming qualified in just a few days is a huge drawcard. For others, blocking out a few days in their calendar just isn’t possible. Here are the pros and cons.
The pros of workshops:
- Fast-track your certificate. If you want to get to work as soon as possible, a workshop might be your best bet.
- Access to industry experts. Workshops and virtual face-to-face courses give you exclusive access to industry experts ready to share their wealth of knowledge and experience.
The cons of workshops:
- More expensive. Intensive workshops may only run for a couple of days, but they cost more than self-paced courses.
- No flexibility. If you work, have kids, or balance other responsibilities and priorities, it might not be possible to fit a workshop into your busy schedule.
- Workshops can be intense and require students to complete their studies in a short period of time. If you’re not up for the task, you may be better off choosing a self-paced or classroom course.
The pros and cons of classroom real estate courses
Old-school classroom courses still have their place, and many aspiring real estate agents prefer learning in person and face-to-face. Here are the pros and cons.
The pros of classroom real estate courses:
- Meet like-minded people. Online courses cannot match the social aspect of a classroom. So, if you are ready to kick-start your industry networking, this could be your best option.
- Personalised support. In the classroom, you have immediate, uninterrupted access to an experienced teacher who can answer your questions and provide personalised support.
The cons of classroom real estate courses:
- More expensive. One of the biggest cons to consider when settling on the real estate course online vs. classroom debate is cost, and classroom courses are certainly the more expensive option. A real estate course online in Australia will always be the more cost-effective choice.
- You must be available at a certain time over a period of weeks. If you’re not, a classroom course is simply not a viable option.
Which is right for me?
Are online classes better than on campus? Should you take a workshop or opt for a self-paced course?
Which side of the fence you decide on when considering a real estate course online vs. classroom will depend on what you value most. If you’re still unsure, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have other commitments that could get in the way of my study? If you answered yes, a self-paced course might be best.
- Do I value flexibility over the in-person ‘experience’? Self-paced courses offer maximum flexibility, but you won’t have the chance to connect with like-minded people.
- Do I want my qualification as fast as possible? If so, a workshop might be right for you. Alternatively, you can complete a self-paced course as quickly as you want to, so that might be an option, too.
Start your journey today with real estate courses online in Australia
There you have it – all the pros and cons of the real estate course online vs. classroom debate. Now that you’ve decided on your next steps, it’s time to explore your options.
Entry Education offers the best real estate courses online (with after-hours access to support) and virtual or classroom workshops. Our courses meet state-specific requirements, too, so you can embark on your career with confidence – wherever you live and work.